Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Update 1
Update on prevention measures at PFC
In the midst of concerns related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to be transparent about what we are doing to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff and offer you some peace of mind as you shop with us.
Most importantly, we continue maintaining the highest level of sanitation practices and are placing extra emphasis and frequency on existing sanitization practices as recommended by the Center for Control and Disease.
We are your local, downtown grocery store. We care deeply about the community in which we live, play, and shop and for the friendly faces that walk through our doors each day. We will continue to welcome everyone with the same warm smile and provide the same delicious food.
Here are some of the preventative measures in place:
- Temporarily discontinued sampling and product demos.
- Temporarily removed applicators and most testers in the Wellness department. Visit the Wellness desk for trial assistance.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at all registers, accessible to both staff and customers.
- Provided extra reminders in both staff and customer spaces about handwashing.
- Requiring staff to stay home if they have any symptoms.
- Postponing upcoming events and classes through the end of March. Refunds will be issued for any cancelled classes or events.
o March 14 – Are you ready to roll? Sushi Rolling
o March 18 – $5 Dinner
o March 21 – Say Cheese Beer and Cheese event
o March 21 – Cookie Decorating Class
o March 25 – Mediterranean Wines
o March 28 – InstaPot II: Cooking with Meats
o March 28 – Let’s Make Quesadillas
o April 4 – Minnesota Spring Foraging
- Frequent and repeated sanitation of shared surfaces like hand baskets, bulk scoops, and door handle
- Limited travel between stores by staff members
We will continue to closely monitor the recommendations of the federal, state, and local governments and the Center for Disease Control and will communicate any additional adjustments to our business operations.
We are here for you. Please contact us at any time with questions; your comfort and safety at People's Food Co-op is our highest priority.
From your PFC Emergency response team:
Lizzy Haywood, CEO
Rebecca Rowe, HR Manager
Ann Mull, Marketing Director
Scott Weaver, Store Manager
Gina Prange, Food Service Director
Dan Reckase, Controller