PFC Picnic/Apple Pie Contest—La Crosse
From: October 6, 2017 at 4:00pm to: 6:30pm
Location: Cameron Park, across from the co-op
People's Food Co-op's Annual Picnic!
Chili, chili dogs, music, local farmers, and suppliers will join us—meet some of the folks who grow our food!
This year, the picnic includes the Annual Apple Pie Contest
The contest is on Friday, October 6. Judging will begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Winners will be announced when the judges have tabulated their scores.
- Entrants must pick up their pie tins by 10 p.m. that day, if they wish them returned. Affix a tag with your name and phone number to the bottom of the pan.
- You must bake the pie yourself and drop it off along with your recipe and a completed entry form at either location on the day of the contest (entry forms are available at the stores’ customer service desks).
- A panel of judges will rate the pies on appearance, crust, filling, recipe creativity, and overall taste.
- You will receive a $5 gift certificate just for entering the contest.
- Each participant may enter only one pie in the contest.
The winning recipe will be published in the Co-op Shopper, so be prepared to share your super-secret family heirloom recipe with your fellow co-op owners!
Cost: Free to veterans