Final day to register as a board candidate
From: September 20, 2018 at 12:00am to: 12:00pm
People’s Food Co-op holds a board election each year. This year four seats will be filled. Each person elected will serve a three-year term (January 2018 through December 2020).
The board guides the co-op by establishing the vision and ensuring the long-term vitality of the co-op. It ensures that the store operates within our value system while empowering staff to manage day-to-day operations of the store. We seek a wide variety of talent in new candidates.
If you’re interested, here is what you need to know:
- Since July 1, information packets have been available at the customer service desk at each store and for download from the PFC website, www.pfc.coop.
- You must fill out the three forms enclosed in the packet and return them by September 20, 2018.
- During September and October, nominating committee members will evaluate each applicant based on his or her application, a criminal background check, and a telephone interview. The committee will recommend candidates to the board based on these evaluations.
- Applicants who are recommended by the committee and approved by the board will appear on the ballot. Applicants not approved may petition to be on the ballot using a process described in the information packet.
- Candidate photos and brief descriptions will appear in the November/December/January Co-op Shopper. Candidate information will also be available in the stores, on the website, and in the email ballots co-op members receive in November.
- Co-op members may vote by email anytime up to the annual meeting in December in La Crosse or in person at the annual meeting (date of the meeting is yet to be determined).
- Results are announced within 10 days after the annual meeting. New board members start their terms in January 2019.
More information and candidate packets are availabler here.